$329.00 – $379.00
Choose your Workshop Option
Can’t attend an upcoming workshop?
We recorded a full workshop so you can watch it from the comfort of your own home. Seeing the movements and having the concepts taught to you beats reading about it in a book, and you can watch it as many times as you need!
Some of the Topics Covered:
Basic Human Anatomy, Physiology and Biomechanics:
- Understanding muscle tissue types and muscle fiber
- Review of planes of motion
- Understanding cellular adaptations to imposed demands
- Anatomy of the heart, digestive system and respiratory system
Performance, Participation, and Understanding of:
- Blood pressure testing
- Sit and reach test
- Body composition assessment (Bio-Impedance / Caliper)
- Interpret and prescribe cardiovascular prescriptions based on Karvonen Formula
- Performance of 3-minute step test with result interpretation
- Perform strength test based on percentage with a: 10 rep max, 10 rep sub-maximal Chest Press, 10 rep sub-maximal Leg Press, 10 rep sub-maximal Pull Down
- Perform muscle endurance assessments with result interpretation
- One minute sit-up test
- Pull ups (men) or modified Pull up (women)
- Push ups (men) or modified push ups (women)
- Active demonstrations of the 17 NFPT recommended base exercises with proper spotting techniques
- Active demonstrations of the 16 NFPT recommended base stretches
Energy systems, ATP production, and related training methods
Stretching techniques and applying them correctly
Wellness and Nutrition
Legal and Professional Practices
You will learn and review the fundamentals of exercise science and real-world methodologies that will enhance the success of yourself and your clients!
Workshop Policy & Procedure
NFPT partners with Global Fitness Educators to bring hands-on instruction to you. GFE is an independent workshop vendor preparing future NFPT-CPT certificants for success in the workplace. Click here for more information about how you prepare, what to expect and NFPT policies for workshops.
You’ll leave this workshop with better working knowledge of the skills that you need to be an effective personal trainer, and the confidence to build a career on the skills that you learn! Let our expert trainers show you how to put your passion to work!
—Felix Doval, NFPT Workshop Host and Founder of Global Fitness Educators