Well, it’s that time of year again. Yes, there are presents and seeing family and pretty lights. But it is also when we release the December Self-Test! Things are busy and a test on top of everything else seems like a pain. That’s why we’ve put together these studying and test taking tips to make your December Self-Test experience even better!
- Don’t try to do all your studying at once (like the night before the test) – space it out over some period of time that is do-able for you.
- Review materials several times a week, focusing on one topic at a time.
- Find a comfortable and quiet study location with good lighting and little distractions.
- Study the most important, more challenging concepts first.
- Read it, write it and speak it. This is a tried and proven method for information
retention. Each of these things requires that you use different parts of your brain, which improves memory and the ability to recall what you’ve learned.
- Get enough sleep the night before the test. With enough sleep, your memory recall will be much better.
- Read through every question carefully.
- Don’t know the answer? Skip it and come back to it later. Don’t waste your time on just one question.
- Still can’t get the answer? Then guess. You will definitely get the question wrong if you don’t answer it at all, but there is still a chance of getting it right if you guess.
- When you are finished, make sure to read through every question and your answers again.
Head over to MyServices, sign in and get started on your test! Best of luck to everyone on this December’s Self-Test.