Live Remote Proctoring for your exam is a live-monitored administration with live security and help agents available to you during your exam time. A 360 degree environment check and device checks, as part of the ProProctor protocols, will include the following requirements:
- A webcam on a desktop computer or laptop
- Operating system must be Windows 8.1 or higher (Window 7 is NOT supported) | Mac 10.13 or higher
- Have a printed copy of your Admissions Letter (provided when test is scheduled) and your photo ID
- Read the ProProctor Guide and install the app
IF YOU DO NOT PASS THE SYSTEMS CHECK BEFORE SCHEDULING A LIVE REMOTE PROCTORED EXAM, YOU MUST TAKE THE EXAM AT A PROMETRIC TEST CENTER.
Frequently Asked Questions for Live Remote Proctoring (LRP)
Where can I take my LRP test?
You can test at home or a secured, private location. Wherever you test, you should be in a walled room, with a closed door and without distractions. No one else is permitted in the room with you while you are testing.
Wherever you choose to test, you will need to meet the following testing environment requirements:
Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, and free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the exam. If this occurs, your exam will be terminated and/or your results invalidated.
- Your selected station and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc.
- No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your exam, including what is posted on walls or within your immediate area, is permitted during your exam session.
- Your proctor will complete a 360 degree environmental scan to confirm your testing environment is suitable before the test begins.
- You must remain seated and not leave the proctor’s view at any time, no breaks are not permitted for any reason. Leaving the proctor’s view will terminate the exam session.
Will it cost me more to test using Live Remote Proctoring?
There are no additional fees.
How do I schedule my LRP exam?
Follow the steps provided to you in your NFPT Welcome email that you receive after enrolling in to your certification package. You will be able to select LRP in the ‘Schedule Your Exam’ section of your NFPT Account.
What happens after I schedule an LRP exam?
You will receive an email from Prometric confirming your exam appointment day/time and confirmation number correlating to your test administration option, either CBT or LRP. Keep this information as it will be required to confirm, reschedule/ change, or cancel your exam appointment. Note that you will be asked to show this confirmation email (or PDF version in printed hardcopy) to your proctor, whether using CBT or LRP. We recommend keeping your email confirmation handy, as well as print the PDF version.
What type of identification will I be required to present?
You must provide proof of identity with a current and original government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, a passport or military ID. The first and last name and photo on the primary ID must exactly match the name on your exam day confirmation letter.
What if I have a special need that requires extra time for taking the exam?
We have a special accommodations process that will allow you to request extra time for your exam based upon a declared medical condition, which you can provide to us in writing via an informational packet and request form. This Accommodations Request Packet is also available in the exam scheduling section of your NFPT online account.
How do I avoid technical problems during the exam?
Most technical issues can be avoided by completing a system readiness test in advance. Common technical issues are lack of a stable internet connection and running illegal applications during the exam, both of which the system test can indicate. It is STRONGLY recommended to perform a readiness check prior to deciding on the live remote proctoring option. If internet connectivity is lost during testing, the exam will terminate and cannot be restarted.
Can I receive any assistance during the exam?
You are permitted to ask questions of the proctor that are not exam content-related. You may not receive any assistance from other individuals while taking the exam, and you may not allow other individuals to see the computer screen that presents the exam questions. Security violations could result in the termination of your exam.
How are security issues handled during LRP testing?
Should a suspected breach in security be determined to have occurred, the Prometric staff proctor holds the authority to terminate the exams. Please see ProProctor user guidelines for more information.
You will have the availability of NFPT and ProProctor Remote Testing agents to assist you along the way. When you purchase a NFPT Certification Exam or Package, you have access to this information and helpful steps for test day success. All of these and other resources are in your NFPT Account.