Personal Fitness Trainer Manual
Many personal trainers don’t start their careers with an exercise science degree. So NFPT has developed the NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual to be easy to follow and packed with the anatomy and physiology lessons and specific training techniques you’ll need to succeed. Put this manual to work every day to help your clients live healthier lives. NOTE: The printed manual is included when you purchase the Premier certification package.
Provide your details below to preview the first three chapters of the NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual:
Get a 30% discount on the printed manual when you buy a certification package, which all include a digital manual.
The NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual is designed to provide you with the essential tools you’ll need to offer safe and effective services as a professional personal trainer. You’ll learn the fundamental elements of health, fitness and the human body along with methodologies for putting training techniques to work for you and your clients. You’ll get goal-oriented approaches, complete consultation and assessment guidelines, screening forms and other professional documents to incorporate into your personal training career.
Inside the Manual
19 chapters + complete, step-by-step guidelines and documents to onboard and retain clients
Provide your details below to see the first three chapters of the NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual:
- Understand human anatomy and physiology
- Recognize fitness components and safe and effective uses for goal-oriented training
- Utilize step-by-step methods for client screening, consultation, assessment and re-assessment
- Design and implement exercise programming and modifications for progression
- Use professional protocols and communication skills
Charts and Tables
- Exercise programming recommendations
- Goal-oriented movements and total sets
- Results-driven rep range chart
- Activity expenditure chart
- Master food list and dietary advice chart
- Supplement table
- Training log
- Consultation and client screening forms
- Body composition measurement instructions and forms
- Movement assessment forms
- Informed consent release form
- Physician’s release form
- Professional liability waiver form
NFPT’s Personal Fitness Trainer Manual offers a comprehensive guide to personal training. Our emphasis is on teaching and reinforcing on-the-job skill sets for safe, effective and successful personal training. NFPT learning outcomes are in line with the Scope of Practice. Once you become certified, you’ll be able to:
- Understand human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition and basic exercise science
- Design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients
- Understand the need for and importance of screening and client assessment initially and progressively
- Execute individual fitness program design safely and effectively
- Help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardio, flexibility and resistance exercise
- Motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- Maintain integrity and your own personal health and fitness
This purchase includes a printed NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual and a digital download.* You’ll receive an email with instructions for accessing your NFPT Account to download your NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual after you check out.
* The digital download of the NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual is included when you purchase a certification package.