Trainer Manual (Digital)
At NFPT, we understand that most trainers don’t start their careers with an exercise science degree, so we’ve developed our education manual to be easy to follow and stimulating to read. It breaks down anatomy, physiology and specific training techniques in a way that is interesting and enlightening to any fitness enthusiast. You won’t set this manual on a shelf after you get certified; it will work for you every day when you train your clients.
NOTE: With this item, you are only purchasing a digital copy to download. If you prefer to have a book in your hands, then consider the manual in hard copy, which also includes a digital download at no extra charge. SEE HARD COPY MANUAL PURCHASING INFO >>
A purchase of the Standard Package, Premier Package, or Premier PLUS Package also includes the digital download of this Trainer Manual.
This NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual is designed to provide you with the tools that are essential to being a personal trainer. It is a complete guide for offering safe and effective fitness trainer services. You will learn the fundamental elements of health, fitness and the human body along with methodologies for putting training techniques to work for you and your clients. Goal-oriented approaches to training, complete consultation and assessment guidelines, screening forms and other professional documents for incorporating into your work are just some of what you can expect in this education manual.
INSIDE THE MANUAL
CHARTS & TABLES
Exercise Programming Recommendations
Goal-Oriented Movements & Total Sets
Results Driven Rep Range Chart
Activity Expenditure Chart
Master Food List & Dietary Advice Chart
Consultation & Client Screening Forms
Body Composition Instructions and Forms
Movement Assessment Forms
Informed Consent Document
Physician’s Release Form
Professional Liability Waiver
NFPT’s Manual offers a comprehensive step-by-step guide to training. Our emphasis is teaching & reinforcing on-the-job skill sets for safe, effective & successful personal training. NFPT Learning Outcomes are in line with the Trainer Scope of Practice:
- Knowledge of human anatomy & the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition & basic exercise science
- Design individual & group exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients
- Conduct & understand the need and importance of screening & client assessment, initially & progressively
- Execute individual fitness program design in a safe & effective way
- Desire to help clients reach their health & fitness goals through appropriate cardio, flexibility & resistance exercise
- Motivate others to improve their overall fitness & health
- Maintain integrity & your own personal health & fitness
This digital download of the Trainer Manual is available through your online account. The digital download of the manual comes with your purchase of the Standard Package, Premier Package, or Premier PLUS Package.