Printed Trainer Manual
Prefer to hold a book in your hands? Want to highlight sections to study? Then the printed manual in hardcopy is the way to go! Take it anywhere. Keep it as a reference in your day-to-day training.
NOTE: The digital download of this manual comes with the purchase of the hardcopy. You do not need to purchase these separately. When you purchase this hardcopy manual, you will have immediate access to the digital download inside your NFPT account.
This NFPT Personal Fitness Trainer Manual is designed to provide you with the tools that are essential to being a personal trainer. It is a complete guide for offering safe and effective fitness trainer services. You will learn the fundamental elements of health, fitness and the human body along with methodologies for putting training techniques to work for you and your clients. Goal-oriented approaches to training, complete consultation and assessment guidelines, screening forms and other professional documents for incorporating into your work are just some of what you can expect in this education manual.
Inside the Manual
19 Chapters + Complete Step-by-Step Guidelines and Professional Documents for On-boarding and Retaining Clients
- Understanding Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Recognizing Fitness Components and Safe & Effective Uses for Goal-Oriented Training
- Utilizing Step-by-Step Methods for Client Screening, Consultation, Assessment & Re-Assessment
- Designing and Implementing Exercise Programming and Modifications for Progression
- Using Professional Protocols and Communication Skills
Charts & Tables
- Exercise Programming Recommendations
- Goal-Oriented Movements & Total Sets
- Results Driven Rep Range Chart
- Activity Expenditure Chart
- Master Food List & Dietary Advice Chart
- Supplement Table
- Training Log
- Consultation & Client Screening Forms
- Body Composition Instructions and Forms
- Movement Assessment Forms
- Informed Consent Document
- Physician’s Release Form
- Professional Liability Waiver
NFPT’s Manual offers a comprehensive step-by-step guide to training. Our emphasis is teaching & reinforcing on-the-job skill sets for safe, effective and successful personal training. NFPT Learning Outcomes are in line with the Trainer Scope of Practice:
- Knowledge of human anatomy & the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition & basic exercise science
- Design individual & group exercise programs tailored to the needs of specific clients
- Conduct & understand the need and importance of screening & client assessment, initially & progressively
- Execute individual fitness program design in a safe & effective way
- Desire to help clients reach their health & fitness goals through appropriate cardio, flexibility & resistance exercise
- Motivate others to improve their overall fitness & health
- Maintain integrity & your own personal health & fitness
This printed Trainer Manual in hard copy also comes with a digital download. Upon purchase, you receive an email with instructions for accessing your NFPT Account to download your NFPT Personal Trainer Manual.
*the digital download of this Trainer Manual comes with your purchase of a Certification Package.