A couple weeks ago we talked about what branding is and how to define your own brand. But once you’ve defined your brand, how do you get the word out? Here’s a few simple tips:
- Get a logo and put it everywhere.
- Develop a tagline people can remember. This needs to be a short and meaningful statement that captures the essence of who your business is.
- Make a mission statement.
- Integrate your brand. Get clothing made for your employees that includes your logo. Put a touch of your brand in your email signature. Anything and everything you can so people will automatically associate you with your brand.
- Be relatable. When people can connect with brands they will be more likely to stick with that brand. When you connect with potential clients on an emotional level by showing empathy, they will be hooked.
- Integrity. Be consistent in your brand messaging. Nothing is worse when a brand contradicts itself or what they say they stand for. Without consistency you will most definitely fail in your branding attempts.
- Make sure you can deliver on what your brand claims. You will quickly lose customers and clients if they realize you are not going to be able to deliver what you’ve promised. Integrity is key.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it is just to give you an idea of how to form and use your brand. What are more tips you would add to boost your branding?