Many of us have had an IV treatment for one reason or another. Maybe you’ve gotten very sick, had to have surgery, or you’ve been seriously injured. But volunteering for an IV treatment is may not be something you’ve considered recommending to your clients or yourself.
IV therapy is getting a lot of attention in the fitness and alternative health industry lately, with good reason. It’s not just another fad that’s going to fade away in a few months. It can actually be very beneficial to your clients’ overall health and fitness in a number of ways.
Here’s a look at why nutritional IV therapy has become so popular and why you might want to consider it for yourself and your clients.
How Nutritional Deficiencies are Impacting Our Health
As a health and fitness professional, you’re all too aware of how the overall lack of good nutrition in the Standard American Diet is affecting our health and fitness. Our food has become seriously deficient in vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients.
Eating clean just isn’t enough anymore. Deficiencies in essential vitamins like A, B6, C, D, E, and niacin, as well as important minerals like copper are becoming more and more obvious. It’s not yet clear how far-reaching the impacts of these deficiencies are.
But we do know that nutritional deficiencies can lead to a weak immune system, extended recovery times after injury, chronic inflammation, and even potential complications during surgery. Many medical experts also believe that they are a key contributor to the rising level of chronic disease in our society.
As many as six out of 10 Americans are struggling with chronic illnesses like diabetes, obesity, cancer, and autoimmune disorders. And when you look at today’s lifestyle and diet, it’s clear that those numbers will continue to increase with time.
The Benefits of IV Therapy for Overall Health and Fitness
If you’ve ever been hospitalized for surgery or a serious illness, you may have been given micronutrients by IV to speed up your recovery. The beauty of receiving medications and nutrients intravenously is that they bypass the digestive system entirely and are delivered directly to the bloodstream. This boost of hydration and nutrients often results in a major energy boost, too.
According to IV nutrition therapy experts, when we aren’t getting enough of the right nutrients, our cells can become permeable and even brittle. This prevents the cells from protecting our mitochondria and DNA.
Unfortunately, you can eat the cleanest diet possible and still develop nutrient deficiencies due to things like:
- Chronic or Acute Illness
- Poor Gut Health and Digestion
- Weak Immune System
- Food Sensitivities and Allergies
Nutrition experts at Rahav Wellness recommend an IV drip with vitamins and other nutrients to get around these issues. That’s because it delivers nutrients directly to the bloodstream where they can be absorbed completely and efficiently. In fact, this delivery method is so effective that many patients notice an energizing effect after just one treatment.
Most of us could use more energy in daily life, but the benefits of IV nutrition therapy for you and your clients don’t end there. It also provides a safe and natural way to treat many conditions that can interfere with overall health and fitness, including:
- Seasonal Allergies
- Lyme Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, Including Crohn’s Disease and IBS
- Autoimmune and Thyroid Disorders
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Viruses Like Colds and Flu
- Chronic Inflammation and Joint Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Chronic Fatigue
- Anxiety, Depression, and Chronic Stress
How IV Nutrition Therapy Works
If you want to recommend IV therapy to your clients or try it for yourself, start by finding a qualified functional medicine clinic. A functional medicine specialist will perform tests and recommend treatments based on nutrient deficiencies, lifestyle, and symptoms.
On average, an IV treatment will take around an hour. Many clinics that offer this service administer the treatments in spa-like IV suites, so the experience is comfortable and relaxing for the patient.
Most clinics offer an assortment of specially formulated IV cocktails, as well as personalized treatments. Here are some of the most popular IV nutrition cocktails and their benefits:
- Vitamin C: We all know that vitamin C is important for the immune system. But, it’s also an antioxidant that supports collagen production, kills bacteria and viruses, fights allergies, detoxifies, speeds healing, and even kills cancer cells. Almost anyone can benefit from a Vitamin C IV treatment.
- Myer’s Cocktail: The Myer’s Cocktail is one of the most popular IV treatments which is usually a blend of vitamin C and B complex vitamins and electrolytes. It’s beneficial for anyone suffering from seasonal allergies, chronic sinusitis, and upper respiratory infections. It’s also recommended for relieving the symptoms of heart disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and migraines.
- Metabolic Boost: As a personal trainer, you can certainly appreciate the benefits of a Metabolism Boosting IV for improving stamina and overall performance in the gym. Your clients will also appreciate it for its ability to boost energy and fat burning. This treatment generally includes a mix of energy-boosting nutrients like amino acids, B-complex, chromium, and a blend of liptropic agents such as L-Methionine, Inositol and Choline (MIC).
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Receiving an IV treatment of hydrogen peroxide might sound a little strange, but it’s highly recommended for anyone dealing with infections like gangrene or candida. It can also fight off viruses and boost circulation.
This will give you an idea of what’s available, but every clinic will specialize in something different. You can expect to find formulas that de-stress, detoxify, and speed recovery after extreme exercise, illness, or stress. Most clinics also offer personalized formulas based on bloodwork and other tests to determine deficiencies.
Most health and fitness enthusiasts are turning toward natural therapies and avoiding pharmaceuticals as much as possible. And, you can’t get more natural than vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, and electrolytes. IV nutrition therapy is a drug-free way to combat illness, boost energy, increase stamina, and speed recovery that you and your clients can certainly benefit from.