Quality of sleep is crucial for exercise to be beneficial. Just like eating right is critical for weight loss. Hone in on your client’s sleep habits, rhythms, and underlying conditions to address their health goals more thoroughly.
In this episode we talked about:
- Hormonal disruption (melatonin, cortisol) from irregular sleep (1:30)
- What is restless leg syndrome? (4:30)
- Menopause and restless leg syndrome (5:20)
- Exercise considerations for restless leg syndrome (7:30)
- What is sleep apnea? (12:00)
- Sleep apnea and implications for exercise (13:00)
- Sleep apnea affects 21 million American and contributes to heart disease, stroke and other health issues (15:00)
- Why it’s important to gather sleep information from clients and how (16:45)
Some of our viewers said:
NFPT Live Episode #34
Next Week: Episode #35 – Get More Energy Naturally
Subscribe to our Live Show on FaceBook to get updates when we’re on or mark it on your calendar so you remember to tune in. We’d love to have you on the show Wednesdays at 9 am PT, 10 am MT, 12 pm ET.