Body awareness can improve training results, boost sports performance, and decrease the risk of injury. Body awareness is a component of fitness where the mind and the body become more integrated. There are many ways to infuse exercise with body awareness. Join us to learn some methods and share yours with the community.
In this episode we talked about:
- Why is Body Awareness Important (2:09)
- Food Awareness (3:50)
- Connectedness & Body Image (6:19)
- Body Awareness as a Channel to Body Love (7:21)
- The Body Scan Technique (8:37)
- Various approaches to body scanning (11:00)
- How to use anatomy to enhance body awareness, prevent injury and elevate performance (12:45)
- You don’t need to be tuned in all the time (14:00)
- Body gratitude to get what you want from your body (14:45)
- Using anatomy and body awareness to cue proper form (15:45)
- Attracting athletes to your business with body awareness and anatomy (17:00)
NFPT Live Episode #39
Some of our viewers said:
“Body awareness not only anchors you in the present moment, it is a doorway out of the prison that is the ego. It also strengthens the immune system and the body’s ability to heal itself.” Eckhart Tolle
There are so many different types of body awareness … sometimes we get it confused with only the way we look and don’t think about just being ‘connected’ to our own body and asking ourselves why it feels the way it does, or why it may be reacting the way it is.
LOVE the body scan! Need to do that!
Next Week: Episode #40 –
Tracking Sleep Fitness with Clients
Subscribe to our Live Show on FaceBook to get updates when we’re on or mark it on your calendar so you remember to tune in. We’d love to have you on the show Wednesdays at 9 am PT, 10 am MT, 12 pm ET.